Tuesday, January 17, 2012

INdoor props_House appliances

These are my summer/winter break artworks. We are still shooting Couch and Potatoes, and these are some of indoor props_house appliances that I built using various materials.
Close_up
Bookcase is made of woods cut with butter knife. It is drilled, nailed on the top and hot glued on the sides. Then it was oiled with wood refurnishing oil. The books are printed (we had to edit/ photoshop-ed rest of covers or sides) and hot glued on different thickness of foams. These books are either we read in the past, want to read in the future. There are also inspired books referred by Barron S.
Stove: made of thick board/ foams. Various of materials were either picked up from recyclings.
Refrigerator: made of Styrofoam, the kind that comes in packages. It was painful to cut in half and open inside. Inside is made of toothpicks, again various materials I could find. It also lights up in the film!
TV & Remote: TV was mixture of wood, plastic glass, and hard board. Remote buttons were made of rubber band, cut it in very careful manner (I think I lost bunch of them since they are elastic and fling around so much, I ended up cutting a lot of small rubber band squares) I will try to update our set/ props as I make. So stay tuned! Please ask any questions if you have any!

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how long it would take to do all of it.It definitely shows the amount of detail you had put into the smallest of pieces. It really shows that you didn't take any shortcuts. Can't wait to see more or even the finished product! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meghan! Yea it took very long time, but I am so glad what it is turning out as a result! I'm also glad you can tell the small details of my work! Supports and encouragements are great! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that nice tv set. When you done shooting can you give it to me? I'm looking for a new tv to play with my xbox and ps3. So I dont have to spend money at Bestbuy...:P
    (What I mean was...they look incredible!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is very nice products...
    this IndoorAppliances good for Home....

    ReplyDelete